- adjective first, basic or most important
- That which occurs first within a given sequence or process.
- That which occurs before something else. For instance, a stage which precedes another.
- That which has the highest rank, degree, or importance. For example, a primary standard.
- A high voltage conductor in a power-distribution system
- One of two or more primary colors.
- Of or pertaining to one or more primary colors.
- adjective happening first, and leading to something else
- adjective referring to a condition which comes first and is followed by another.
- adjective in the first place
- noun a local election in which members of a political party choose candidates for an election