- adjective referring to very early or prehistoric times
- adjective referring to an early stage in an organism’s development
- noun a basic routine that can be used to create more complex routines
- noun a simple shape such as circle, square, line or curve used to create more complex shapes in a graphics program
- In computer graphics, a basic element, such as a line, curve, or cone, which can be combined with others for more complex images.
- In computer programming, a basic element, such as an operation, which can be combined with others for more sophisticated operations.