- noun the quality of being probable
- noun being likely to happen.
- noun a statistical assessment of how likely something is
- noun the likelihood that something will happen, expressed mathematically. Most people calculate probability on the basis of past experience.
- A statistical calculation to determine the quantitative likelihood that something will happen.
(written as Probability)The frequentist definition is the proportion of times (as a decimal fraction) an event would occur if an experiment were repeated a large number of times. More generally, the chances (however assessed) of an event occurring. It lies between 0 and +1.
Information & Library Science
- noun the likelihood of something happening, often expressed as a fraction or percentage