- noun the way in which something ought to be carried out
- noun a method or way of doing something, especially the usual or expected way
- noun a small section of computer instruction code that provides a frequently used function and can be called upon from a main program
- noun a method or route used when solving a problem
- A sequence of operations required to perform a given task.
- Within a computer program, a small group of instructions which perform a given task. Also called routine (1), subroutine (2), or function (3).
Information & Library Science
- noun a method of doing something which is generally accepted as being efficient
- noun a way in which something is done, especially the correct or agreed way to deal with something
- noun a type of treatment
- noun a treatment given at one time
- noun a series of actions, which are carried out in specific sequence or manner