- noun a set of rules and vocabulary that allows users to write a series of instructions to define a particular task, which will then be translated to a form that is understood by the computer
- noun a system of signs, letters and words used to instruct a computer
- noun a piece of software that allows a user to write a series of instructions to define a particular task, which will then be translated to a form that is understood by the computer
- A language which is utilized to create computer programs, through the writing of instructions and statements which comprise source code. Natural languages were formerly excluded from this definition, but currently some words and phrases may be used as well for programming.
Information & Library Science
- noun software that allows somebody to write instructions for a computer which it can then translate into a workable program