- noun the activity of writing programs for computers
- noun the activity of writing data into a PROM device
- The entering of settings and/or instructions into a programmable device, so that it performs specific tasks. For instance, programming a VCR to record a desired program.
- The creating of computer programs. The key components in this process include a full understanding of which tasks the final program will be meant to perform, a command of the programming language being used to write the program, the development of the program logic to suitably address problems to be solved, and the testing and debugging of the program. Also called computer programming.
- The program offerings of one or more TV or radio broadcasters.
- noun the selection and scheduling of television or radio programmes, or the programmes themselves