- adjective related to something by a constant ratio
- adjective increasing or decreasing at the same rate as something else
- Having, establishing, or maintaining a relationship with one or more entities or values. For instance, the force between two charged particles is directly proportional to the product of their magnitudes, and inversely proportional to the square of their distance.
- A relationship between two or more quantities, in which the variation in one causes a change in the other. For example, a transducer whose input is a DC, and whose output is a proportional AC.
Information & Library Science
- adjective in proportion to the other parts