- noun the status of documents, text or programs that are not protected by copyright and can be copied by anyone
Information & Library Science
- noun the body of intellectual property which is available free of copyright restrictions, usually because copyright has expired
- noun any uncopyrighted work is considered to be in the public domain, ie. that can be rereleased by any company without having to pay for rights. The period for copyright expiration in the EU is 70 years after the death of the author.
- noun the fact that land, property or information belongs to and is available to the public
- noun a type of blister and vomiting agent.