- noun the state of being pure
- The extent to which a substance, material, or the like, is free from impurities.
- The extent to which a signal, waveform, data or the like, is free from distortion or errors.
- The extent to which a color is not mixed with other colors. Said especially of a primary color which is not mixed with other primary colors. Also called color purity (2).
- For a given color, the degree to which all unwanted components are excluded. Such a color only contains the proper proportion of the desired primary colors. Also called color purity (1).