- Refers both to the Quadrilateral Meetings and to the participants in those meetings, the U.S., Canada, EU, and Japan.
- A group or set of four which have something in common. For example, the four sides of a quad flat pack, or four components working together in a circuit or device.
- A group of four conductors, such as two twisted pairs.
Information & Library Science
- noun a sheet of paper four times as large as a basic sheet
- verb to insert spaces to fill out a line, especially to complete a short line which is left justified, such as a heading
- noun a clumsy or unfortunate person, misfit. The word, used by high school and college students from the 1990s, is probably a shortening of ‘quadriplegic’ (disabled in all four limbs), although some users derive it from ‘quadrilateral’ as a version of square.