- noun a device for measuring the height of stars, formerly used in calculating direction at sea
Cars & Driving
- noun a guide which indicates the position of the gear selector of an automatic gearbox
- noun the V-shaped toothed section of a worm-and-sector steering box
- An angle-measuring instrument.
- A circular arc of 90°, occupying one fourth of the circumference of a circle.
- The area occupied by a quadrant (1).
- Something, such as a part, in the shape of a quadrant (2).
- One of four equal areas a plane, region, or space is divided into.
- One of the four regions, within the same plane, divided by the axes of a Cartesian coordinate system.
- noun one of four sectors of the body thought of as being divided by the sagittal plane and the intertubercular plane