- noun the process of making sure that the quality of a product is good
- A system of procedures and standards by which a constructor, product manufacturer, materials processor, or the like, monitor the properties of the finished work.
- The system, procedures, mechanisms, and the like, which are utilized to verify that a given component, circuit, device, piece of equipment, product, material, or system which is being produced or modified is at or above established standards and/or specifications. Its abbreviation is QC.
Information & Library Science
- noun the work of a department in a company which checks that its products are of a satisfactory standard
- noun the work of checking that the quality of a product is good