- adjective referring to a volcano that is not active
- adjective referring to a seed that is not germinating because the conditions for germination are unsatisfactory
- adjective not receiving an input signal
- adjective used to describe a process, circuit or device in a state in which no input signal is applied
- To be inactive.
- To be functioning under normal operating conditions, but not having an applied signal at the time. Said, for instance, of an amplifier stage during an interval in which there is no input signal. Also called quiescent operation, or idle (3).
- adjective referring to a disease with symptoms reduced either by treatment or in the usual course of the disease