- noun the words of one person which are repeated by another person
- noun part of a text borrowed from another text
- The best bid and/or offer price for an asset available in an exchange traded market or from a forex market maker at a certain time. A forex market maker asked by another dealer for EUR/USD quotation might verbally state that 1.4500/05 is their price. This quotation would generally only be good "as long as the breath is warm" or until the market maker says "off", whichever comes first. also called a quote.
Information & Library Science
- noun the exact words said or written by somebody and used by another person
- noun a piece of speech or writing quoted somewhere, e.g. in a book or magazine
- noun words taken out of a speech or a book
- noun an estimated price for a job or service.