- A unit of radiation dose equal to 0.01 gray. It is equal to the dose of 100 ergs absorbed per gram of matter. It is an acronym for radiation absorbed dose. Its abbreviation is rd.
- acronym forRapid Application Development
(written as RAD)
- noun a unit of measurement of absorbed radiation dose.
- adjective excellent, outstanding, admirable. A shortening of radical, used as a term of great approbation by school and college children in the late 1970s. It is also heard in the UK and Australia since the 1980s where it has become a vogue term, especially among the subcultures of surfers and skateboarders.
Cars & Driving
- noun a command to remove an empty subdirectory.