- An image produced on a radiosensitive surface, such as a photographic film or plate, when exposed to penetrating radiation, especially X-rays. Typically, the object to be analyzed is placed between the X-ray source and the film or plate, with the relative opacity determining the intensity of the shadows produced. Used, for instance, as a medical diagnostic technique, for ascertaining product defects, or in the quantitative analysis of materials. Also called radiogram (1), roentgenogram, roentgenograph, X-ray (3), X-ray photograph, X-ray image, shadowgraph, or skiagraph.
- Abbreviation of radio telegram. A message sent via radiotelegraphy. Also called wireless telegram.
- noun an image produced on film or another sensitive surface when radiation such as X-rays or gamma rays passes through an object
- verb to make a radiograph of something, especially a part of the body
- noun an X-ray photograph
- noun a radio and a record player combined in a single cabinet