- noun a line from the centre of a circle to the outside edge
- noun the distance in any direction from a particular central point
- noun a line drawn from a point on the circumference of a circle to the centre point, or the length of this
- noun the smaller of the two bones in an arm or foreleg
- noun the shorter and outer of the two bones in the forearm between the elbow and the wrist.
- (written as Radius)In Britain, a nondenominational Christian organization thatpromotes and coordinates religious drama. It was founded in 1929 asthe Religious Drama Society of Great Britain with GeorgeBell, then the Dean of Canterbury, as its first president. The societycommissioned Christopher Fry's A Sleep of Prisonersfor the 1951 Festival of Britain.
Radius sponsors productions of religious plays, offers advice,and holds an annual summer school to train directors and actors. Italso maintains an important library and is associatedwith the Sesame organization, which promotes drama as therapyfor the physically and mentally handicapped.
- acronym forRemote Authentication Dial In Service (written as RADIUS)
- acronym forRemote Access Dial-in User Service (written as RADIUS)