- noun a criminal charge brought against somebody
- noun a vocal style in which performers use rhythm and rhyme to speak in verse over music with a strong beat, usually hip-hop.
- verb to speak in verse using rhythm and rhyme over music with a strong beat, usually hip-hop
- noun an accusation or charge, blame or punishment. An 18th-century British use of the verb ‘rap’ was to denote swearing an oath against, accusing of, or charging (with a crime). This sense survives, via American English, in the phrases ‘take the rap’ and ‘beat the rap’ and the term rap sheet.
- acronym forregimental aid post
(written as RAP)
- noun a battalion casualty clearing-station, where casualties are assessed and given emergency medical treatment, before being evacuated to a dressing station.