- noun an amount of something measured in relation to another amount
- The relative size of two quantities expressed as one divided by the other.
- noun the proportion or quantity of something compared to something else. It is the figure which results from dividing one number by another.
- A relationship between two quantities consisting of one being divided by the other. For example, a signal-to-noise ratio, a charge-mass ratio, an aspect ratio, a cell loss ratio, a compression ratio, or gain expressed as a ratio of an output to an input.
- noun a number which shows a proportion or which is the result of one number divided by another