- noun a system whose processing time is within the time span of the event being dealt with, so that it can influence the source of the data
- noun a computer system where data is inputted directly into the computer which automatically processes it to produce information which can be used immediately
- noun a computer system that responds instantly to events, changes, and other stimuli
- A computer system that processes in real-time.
- A system, such as a real-time control system, which operates or reacts in real-time.