- noun the action of storing signals or data on tape or in a computer
- noun the act of making a note of something
- noun the act of writing or of picking up and storing information
- The process of writing, storing, or otherwise preserving images, sounds, data, signals, or any other form of information, especially when in a permanent form suitable for later reproduction. This includes recording upon magnetic tapes, magnetic disks, optical discs, or wires, or producing papers, photographs, faxes, or the like, with content. Also, that which has been written, stored, or otherwise preserved.
- The process of tracing, or otherwise printing the output of a graphic recorder, such as an oscillograph. Also, the recording so produced.
- noun a broadcast that is not live but has been recorded on an earlier occasion
- noun the act of fixing sounds on a plastic disc or tape