- verb to send a letter on to another address or a phone call to another number
- verb to use something in another way
- verb to send a message to its destination by another route
- verb to treat the output of one program as input for another program
- To send through an alternate channel or path, or to otherwise divert from the accustomed destination. For example, to send a message to an alternate recipient when the preferred recipient is not available. Also called reroute.
Information & Library Science
- verb to send mail to a new address after it has been delivered to the old one