- noun an organism that breaks down dead organic matter, e.g. an earthworm, fungus or bacterium
Cars & Driving
- noun a solvent used to dilute synthetic enamels but not compatible with lacquer paints.
- A solvent used in paints to reduce the viscosity of the paint.
- A pipe fitting, larger at one end than at the other. A reducing coupling.
- A substance that chemically reacts with another by removing an oxygen atom from the chemical structure of the second substance.
- A pipe coupling with a larger size at one end than the other. The larger size is designated first. Reducers are threaded, flanged, welded, etc. Reducing couplings are available in either eccentric or concentric configurations.
- noun a chemical solution that lessens the density of a photographic negative by oxidising it
- noun an additive which reduces the tacking of ink or varnish