- noun the act of making something smaller in size or number
- noun the process of making something less, smaller or lower, or of becoming less, smaller or lower
- noun the addition of electrons or hydrogen to a substance
- noun an act of making something smaller or less
Cars & Driving
- noun a chemical reaction in which an element gains electrons, i.e., has an increase in positive valence.
- A chemical reaction in which oxygen is removed from an atom, molecule, ion, or radical. For instance, iron oxide losing oxygen to form iron.
- A chemical reaction in which an atom, molecule, ion, or radical gains one or more electrons. For example, a reaction in which iron combines with oxygen, where the oxygen undergoes a change in valence from 0 to -2.
- noun the action of putting a hernia, a dislocated joint or a broken bone back into the correct position
- noun the act of reducing something such as size or cost
- noun a lowering of a price
- noun a sauce which has been reduced by boiling