General English

General Science

  • noun a grass that often grows in water near the shores of lakes


  • noun an aquatic plant growing near the shores of lakes, used to make thatched roofs

Cars & Driving

  • noun part of a reed valve made of flexible steel, or of glass fibre reinforced resin, attached to the valve case and normally closed


  • A thin and flexible blade, leaf, bar, or strip which is made to vibrate or otherwise move. Used, for instance, in reed relays and switches.