- noun the process of throwing back of something such as radio waves or light
- The return from a material's surfaces of light or sound waves.
- The act of bouncing off or otherwise throwing back from a surface, object, or region. Also, that which is reflected, such as an image, sound, heat, particles, or waves.
- noun the image of somebody or something that appears in a mirror or other reflecting surface
- noun the process or act of reflecting something, especially light, sound, or heat
- noun the image of somebody or something which is seen in a mirror or still water
- noun a situation in which an anatomical structure bends back upon itself
- noun careful thought, especially the process of reconsidering previous actions, events or decisions