- noun a device for cooling produce and keeping it cool
- A container or space and the machinery for cooling it.
- A compartment, appliance, room, or other enclosure utilized to keep that inside cooler than a given temperature. An adiabatic demagnetization refrigerator, for instance, can cool to temperatures near absolute zero.
- A cooled sealed storage box, usually with shelves and a front opening door which maintains food at a preset temperature between 1 and 6°C
- noun a machine which cools and keeps things cold