- verb to control a process, usually using sensors and a feedback mechanism
- To adjust, manage, or otherwise control something. For example, to regulate a temperature to avoid overheating, or to adjust a mechanism for the proper function of a device.
- In a control system, to maintain one or more output quantities within specified parameters.
- To maintain a voltage, current, or the like, within specified values.
Information & Library Science
- verb to control the behaviour of a situation or a machine
- verb to make something work in a regular way
- verb to control the actions of a person or thing
- verb to change something so that it works well or is correct
- verb to use rules or laws to ensure that a particular industry or activity works well