- noun a person whose job it is to see that regulations are followed
- noun something or someone controlling a process or activity
Cars & Driving
- noun any device which controls fluid flow, pressure, temperature, voltage, etc.
- A device that maintains an appropriate rate of release of pressurized substances.
- An electronically controlled device that regulates system voltage.
- noun a person who sees that members of an industry follow government regulations
- A system which monitors one or more variables, and automatically makes the necessary adjustments in order to maintain operation within the specified parameters. Thermostats and voltage regulators are examples. Also known as automatic regulator.
- A device which serves to regulate a quantity. For example, a rheostat.