- noun reclaiming and redeveloping land and buildings which have been abandoned
- The process of making possible a compatible use for a property through repair, alternations and additions, while preserving those portions or features that convey what have been determined to be important cultural or architectural values. See also rehab.
- noun the process of making someone fit for work again (after illness, a period in prison, etc.)
- noun the process of making someone fit to be a member of society again
- noun the process of making someone fit to work or to lead an ordinary life again