- verb to stop holding something, or to stop keeping someone prisoner
- verb to let something go that has been contained
- verb to take the tension off something such as a catch and allow something to move or operate
- noun the act of setting someone free or of making something or someone no longer subject to an obligation or restriction
- noun the act of making something public, or a public announcement
- noun the act of putting something on the market, or something put on the market
- verb to make something public
- verb to end an employee’s contract early
- noun a version of a product
- noun the shape of a sound signal that shows the speed at which a sound signal decreases in strength after a note has stopped playing.
- verb to put a new product on the market
- verb to relinquish control of a block of memory or file
- A device, such as a mechanical or electromechanical switch, that opens a circuit. Also, the action of such a device.
- The opening of the contacts of a relay or switch. Also, a signal or condition which produces this opening.
- To free from an influencing force. For instance, to release a brake.
- To allow to escape. For example, to release a gas from an enclosure.
- To allow to become available. For instance, to release a communications circuit.
Information & Library Science
- verb to make something available
- noun an act of setting someone free, or allowing someone to leave prison
- noun the abandoning of rights by someone in favour of someone else
- verb to free someone or something, or allow someone to leave prison
- noun the process of allowing something to go out
- verb to allow a substance to come out
- noun allowing secret documents to become public