- noun a difference in height between points on the Earth’s surface
- noun variations in elevation of the surface of the earth
- noun a lessening of pressure
- Carved or embossed decoration raised above a background plane.
- The representation of elevations of the earth's surface, usually referenced to a mean-sea-level datum plane, by means of contour lines.
- noun a person who takes the place of someone who is sick or on holiday
- noun a printing process that uses raised surfaces to apply ink to the paper, e.g. engraving
- noun the process of making something better or easier
- noun an act of providing assistance or support
- noun an act of destroying or driving off an enemy force which has surrounded another friendly force or is besieging or investing a friendly town or city
- noun an act of taking over a duty or task from another person or unit
- adjective taking the place of another who is away