- noun a treatment for a disease or disorder
- In a trade dispute in the WTO or other forum, the measure recommended by the dispute settlement panel to resolve the dispute, usually a measure that will bring the offending country into compliance with WTO (or other) rules.
Information & Library Science
- noun a successful way of dealing with a difficult situation
- noun a way of repairing harm or damage suffered
- verb to help repair harm or damage
- noun a cure, a drug which will cure
Origin & History of “remedy”
Remedy is closely related to medicine. It comes via Anglo-Norman remedie from Latin remedium ‘medicine’ a noun formed from the same stem, med-, as produced medērī ‘heal’ (source of English medical, medicine, etc). The extension in meaning from ‘medicine’ to ‘something that corrects a wrong’ took place in Latin.