- To return something, especially money or profit, to the country of its owner or its origin.
- The act of bringing money invested abroad back to a country. For example, individuals or companies might engage in repatriation of forex trading earnings made in a trading account held overseas.
- noun the act of forcing someone to return to their own country
- noun the return of foreign investments, profits, etc., to the home country of their owner
- noun sending someone back to his or her country of birth