- adjective typical of all the people or things in a group
- noun a person who represents, who speaks on behalf of someone else
- noun a thing that acts as a symbol for something else
- noun a person who speaks or acts on behalf of others
- noun a company which works for another company, selling their goods
- An individual, usually a lawyer, who speaks for a party to a legal dispute in court or arbitration proceedings. In the United States, a Registered Representative refers to an individual who is in the employ of a futures commission merchant or commission house and who has passed the Series 7 exam to become licensed to sell securities.
- noun somebody who represents another person
- adjective referring to words in a language which are directly connected to the features of the object they name, e.g. onomatopoeic words such as ‘buzz’, ‘snap’ etc., which represent the sound itself.
- noun somebody who acts on someone’s behalf