- noun an amount stored or kept back for future use
- verb to store or keep back something for future use
- noun an area of land maintained for the benefit of plant or animal life where no commercial exploitation is allowed.
- verb to keep something such as a seat for somebody
- noun money from profits not paid as dividend but kept back by a company in case it is needed for a special purpose
- To allocate, hold, or otherwise set aside for a specified purpose or content. For example, a memory area which is reserved for use by a given program.
- An additional amount which is factored in, or otherwise available, for a specific purpose. For example, a power reserve.
Information & Library Science
- noun a supply of things kept for use if the regular supplies have been used before replacements can be obtained
- verb to ask for a room, table or seat to be kept free for you
- noun units or sub-units which are held back from an engagement, so that they can be used to reinforce or support any unit which gets into difficulties
- plural noun spare manpower or equipment
- noun money or other things which are set aside for future use
- verb to put aside for future use
- verb to keep something for a time until needed
- noun an area of unspoilt land where no commercial exploitation is allowed, kept for the wildlife – as in the national Parks in Africa
- a term used on wine labels to imply a choice wine, but with no official status.