- noun a large, usually artificial, lake where drinking water is kept for pumping to a city
Cars & Driving
- noun the space between the outer and inner tubes of a double-tube shock absorber which takes up the oil squeezed out of the working chamber corresponding to the volume of the piston rod immersed in the working chamber
- A tank or receptacle used for the accumulation and retention of a fluid.
- noun a cavity in an organ or group of tissues in which fluids collect and are stored
- noun an organism in which a parasite lives and develops without damaging it, but from which the parasite then passes to another species which is damaged by it
- noun a part of a machine or piece of equipment where liquid is stored for it to use
- noun a natural or man-made lake, used as a supply of water