- verb to set something again
- noun the process or an act of returning something to its original state
- verb to set a register or counter to its initial state or to return to an initial state
- verb to return a system to its initial state, in order to allow a program or process to be started again
- To set again. For example, to reset a circuit breaker.
- To restore a former condition, or to start again. For example, to reboot a computer.
- To restore a storage element or storage location to its zero state. Also called clear (5).
- To change a setting. For example, to reset a clock.
(written as RESET)A general statistical test for misspecification of the functional form of a regression model and for omitted variables.
Information & Library Science
- verb to return a system to its original state so that it can start again
- verb to break a badly set bone and set it again correctly