- adjective referring to the amount of something that is left behind
- adjective remaining after the rest or the others have disappeared or have been dealt with
(written as Residual)The difference between the observed and the fitted values of the dependent variable in a regression analysis.
Information & Library Science
- adjective remaining after everything else has been used
- noun payments made to a performer for repeated broadcasts of their work
- noun a payment to performers, directors or writers when their filmed work is shown again, especially on television