- noun the ability of an organism to resist or recover from adverse conditions
- noun the ability of an ecosystem to return to its usual state after being disturbed
- noun the ability of something to return to its original shape
- The capability a device, unit, piece of equipment, or system has to recover quickly from a fault condition, malfunction, error, or the like.
- The capability of a material or body to recover its dimensions, after a stress causing deformation is removed. Also called elasticity.
- noun the ability of government to respond to a difficult situation in a way that prevents it from becoming a crisis