- verb to fight against something, not to give in to something
Cars & Driving
- noun a substance applied onto aluminium pieces before etching; no surface particles are removed where the surface is covered with the protective coating
- A material whose chemical properties change when irradiated. Resists are usually utilized as thin films applied to substrates to selectively protect areas from energy beams. Utilized, for instance, to transfer patterns in semiconductor manufacturing techniques such as lithography.
Information & Library Science
- verb to refuse to accept or do something and even try to prevent it happening
- verb to be strong enough to avoid being killed or attacked by a disease
- noun a coating on a printing plate which protects part of the plate from acid