- noun the time which passes between the user starting an action, by pressing a key, and the result appearing on the screen
- noun the speed with which a system responds to a stimulus
- The time interval that elapses between the reception of a trigger signal and the corresponding response (1).
- The time interval that elapses between a change in the external or internal environment of a component, circuit, device, piece of equipment, system, mechanism, process, material, or the like, and the corresponding response (1). For example, the time required for an instrument to update its reading when a monitored parameter varies.
- synonymresponse delay
- synonymresponse interval
- noun the time that it takes for someone to respond to a stimulus