- noun a change in the way things are done
- Rotational motion about an axis or body. Also, a single complete rotation. For example, 360° represents a complete revolution around a circle.
- orbital motion about a point or body. Also, a single complete rotation. For instance, a revolution of the earth about the sun.
- noun an overthrow of a government or social order by the use of force
- noun an armed rising against a government or state or the entire social system
- noun a period of social change, where the previous way of life changes radically