- To rapidly wind a tape in the direction opposite of playback. For instance, that in a VHS cassette or digital audio tape cartridge. The term may also be used to refer to moving backwards rapidly within the content of an optical disc, such as a DVD.
- The mechanism utilized to rewind (1).
- A command or function which rewinds (1).
- To wind again.
- noun a function that quickly winds a film or tape backwards, e.g. on a camera or video recorder
- verb to wind something such as video or audio tape back onto its original spool or back to an earlier point