- noun the outer edge of a circular object such as a wheel
- noun the outer edge of something circular, e.g. a wheel
Cars & Driving
- noun the part of a wheel that connects the wheel disc with the tyre; its basic purpose is to provide support to the lower sidewall.
- noun the outer edge of a dented area that is heat shrunk towards the centre of the dent
- acronym forreaction injection moulding
(written as RIM)
- noun a processing technique for the production of large foamed (automotive) components, based on the simultaneous injection of the liquid components and the chemical reaction in the mould.