General English

General Science

  • noun the outer edge of a circular object such as a wheel


  • noun the outer edge of something circular, e.g. a wheel

Cars & Driving

  • noun the part of a wheel that connects the wheel disc with the tyre; its basic purpose is to provide support to the lower sidewall.
  • noun the outer edge of a dented area that is heat shrunk towards the centre of the dent
  • acronym forreaction injection moulding
    (written as RIM)
  • noun a processing technique for the production of large foamed (automotive) components, based on the simultaneous injection of the liquid components and the chemical reaction in the mould.