- The transmission of a ring signal to alert to an incoming call. The ring cadence is the timing pattern of such a signal.
- The tendency of a circuit to momentarily oscillate when its input signal suddenly changes.
- An unwanted prolongation in the vibration in a low frequency speaker after the driving signal has stopped. May be due, for instance, to insufficient damping. Also called hangover (1).
- An unwanted prolongation in oscillation, or in the decay of a signal.
- adjective excellent, exciting. A contemporary synonym of banging, kicking, etc.