- verb to join metal parts with rivets
- noun a type of metal bolt or pin with a head on one end, inserted through one of the aligned holes in the parts to be joined and then compressed on the plain end to form a second head
Cars & Driving
- noun a short metal pin with a head at one end, for joining two or more pieces together; a second head is formed at the other end by hammering it flat, to secure the connection
- A metal cylinder or rod with a head at one end that is inserted through holes in the materials to be fastened. The protruding end is flattened to tie the two pieces together.
- noun a fastener with a head attached to a metal shaft that is passed through a hole in a material and flattened on the other side
- verb to fasten something using rivets
- verb to fix or secure something firmly