- noun a normal or regular way of doing something
- noun a number of instructions that perform a particular task, but are not a complete program. They are included as part of a program.
- Within a computer program, a group of instructions which perform a given task. The term is usually utilized synonymously with subroutine, function (3), or procedure (2), and in some cases may also refer to a macro (2), bead (2), a module within a program, or even a program.
- A sequence of steps which is followed to perform a given task. Examples include bootstrap routines and check routines.
Information & Library Science
- adjective done every day as a regular part of one’s job
- noun a procedure which, if followed, helps to perform tasks in an efficient and organised way
- adjective normal, which happens all the time
- noun a regular programme of tasks or duties
- noun a rehearsed set of movements or actions that make up a performance, such as a gymnast’s sequence of exercises