- noun a public-key cryptography system used to provide high-level of security.
- acronym forpublic key cipher system
- acronym forRivest, Shamir, Adleman
- noun a cipher that uses a public key to encrypt messages and a secret key to decrypt them. Conventional cipher systems use one secret key to encrypt and decrypt messages.
- Abbreviation of Rivest-Shamir-Adleman. A powerful public key encryption technology which utilizes an algorithm which takes advantage of the enormous computing power required to factor very large numbers. It is a de facto standard for encrypting data sent over the Internet. Also called RSA encryption.
- acronym forRivest-Shamir-Adleman
- acronym forRivest Shami Adleman method
- acronym forregional selective assistance
- aid given to assisted areas under EU legislation.