- noun a long shoot that grows sideways from a plant such as a strawberry, ending in a tuft of leaves which will take root
- The lengthwise horizontal bracing or bearing members.
- A cold- rolled channel used to support steel studs in a partition or ceiling tile.
- Used for black and white puddings, Bologna sausage, etc.
- noun a member of a gang of pickpockets who takes the items stolen and runs away with them to a safe place
- noun a general helper on a film shoot or at an editing session, who makes coffees, goes out for food, relays messages etc.
- noun a soldier used to deliver verbal messages
- noun a small line number printed in the margin of a text
- noun an athlete or horse in a race
- noun the blade of an ice skate